Open Daily Monday through Saturday
How are we addressing safety concerns regarding COVID-19?
As part of our everyday practices, we follow strict safety policies and procedures, above and beyond what is required of us to ensure a safe environment for all. We continue to reinforce employee education regarding viral prevention and encouraging them to stay home when they don’t feel well. Still, we are taking additional measures to help ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers. While not an exhaustive list, our responses to the virus are as follows:
- Offering free shop-at-home services and private appointments in-store.
- As part of our normal practice, our stores and warehouse facilities are cleaned and sanitized daily. Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we’re increasing the frequency of cleaning and general hygiene maintenance in stores and warehouses.
- Stepping up our efforts to disinfect high-traffic and high-touch areas like workstations, door handles, and bathrooms, as well as posting signage about handwashing and other preventative actions.
- Added additional hand sanitizer stations at work stations and at our entrance.
- Ensure our installers are strictly following CDC guidelines for washing hands and maintaining proper hygiene.
- We’re encouraging associates who are sick to stay home.
Scheduled Installations & In-Home Measures:
If customers have an installation or other in-home measurement scheduled, there should be no interruption in that service. We've advised all in-home associates, installation crews, and service teams to follow everyday preventive actions including washing hands often, disinfecting frequently touched objects, and carrying hand sanitizer.
We’re grateful to you, our valued customer. We are staying in close contact with the CDC as this situation changes and will continue to ensure our business practices and other measures for the safety of our customers and associates are consistent with the most up-to-date information.
Serving Raleigh, Cary, Wake Forest, Rolesville, Youngsville, Louisburg, Garner, Apex, Holly Springs, Chapel Hill, Durham, and of course the Brentwood subdivision where we first started.
Brentwood Carpets Flooring America was founded in 1974 and is locally owned and operated. We take pride in providing superior service to the triangle, as we have for the past 38 years. We are now installing flooring for the children and grandchildren of our first customers!
Regardless of your flooring needs, we have the product for you. We are the Triangle's only Stainmaster Flooring Center, featuring the exclusive Ultra Life brand with Stainmaster's best warranty, exclusive to Brentwood Carpets Flooring America. We're also the Triangle's headquarters for Karastan. In fact, we're one of the largest Karastan dealers in the Southeast, and we are the only "acclaimed" dealer offering exclusive Karastan products you can't find anywhere else! We're not only about carpet; we also offer the largest selection of hardwood and laminate floor options in the triangle. We have recently expanded our ceramic tile showroom as well, providing our customers with an even more detailed selection of flooring choices.
Brentwood Carpets Flooring America's employees make the difference. Our sales staff is trained and certified to make sure you are getting the right products for all of your needs. Our installation department is equipped with the latest technology, equipment, and education to give you the results you've always dreamed of!
Because we are a family-owned business, we will not be open on the following holidays:
New Year's Day
Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
Watch our video to learn more about us!